Porcelain Veneers Can Be a Suitable Solution for You to Achieve the Desired Look
If you desire a look that is different from your existing one, you will find dental veneers a suitable solution for you. They are also known as porcelain veneers at times and custom-made wafer-thin shells of materials colored similarly as teeth and customized to cover the front of your teeth for improving your appearance. You can achieve the look you desire by researching for dental veneers near me confident in the knowledge that it will lead you to a dentist in Bonita Springs FL that can provide you the porcelain or dental veneers.
Why Would You Want to Improve Your Appearance?
Are you looking forward to improving your smile because you have been advised that dental veneers are a simple option to achieve this objective? The visible part of your teeth will be covered by veneers that are thin and appear like natural teeth. An extensive range of dental issues can be rectified if you decide veneers are the best option for you before you reach the dentist for porcelain veneers in Bonita Springs, FL. You can have decided in favor of porcelain veneers because you could be having any one of the following dental issues:
- Teeth that are chipped or worn
- Large gaps or uneven spaces between the front teeth on the upper side
- Misshapen or crooked teeth
- Stained teeth that are not receptive to whitening even by bleaching
The material used for making veneers is either porcelain or composite resin. Your dentist will assist you in choosing the material best suited to your needs. Every type of veneer has its unique advantages.
Porcelain veneers are thin shells that are custom-designed to fit on the teeth. The benefits of these veneers are as follows:
- Strength and longevity are guaranteed.
- They have a surface that appears natural.
- Just a little enamel needs to be removed from the teeth as compared to a crown or a cap.
- It takes some effort to stain them.
The Procedure for Placing Porcelain Veneers
- The dentist offering porcelain veneers in Bonita Springs FL will remove some enamel from the teeth during the preparation. The enamel will be removed from the front and the sides of the teeth. This helps to make space for the veneers, allowing your teeth to appear natural.
- After the initial preparation, the dentist will take an impression or mold of the teeth prepared while also deciding on the shade of the veneer best suited for your smile.
- The impression will be dispatched to the dental laboratory for custom making the porcelain veneers for your teeth. The making of the veneers will take several days, but in the meanwhile, the dentist may offer you temporary veneers to wear.
- During the subsequent visit, the dentist will place the veneers on your teeth to verify if they fit properly and have the desired shape. Your teeth will be cleaned after making any adjustments to the veneers before they are cemented to your teeth.
Further changes may be called for if needed during the next appointment.
Composite Resin Veneers
The tooth-colored filling material is used to make composite resin veneers that are cemented to the teeth. They also are beneficial and can help you achieve the look you desire. The benefits of composite resin veneers are as follows:
- These require even less enamel to be removed as compared to crowns or porcelain veneers.
- You will not be required to visit the dentist’s office frequently because these veneers require just a single visit to be bonded.
- They are an affordable option.
- If they get damaged for any reason, they can be fixed easily. Despite not being as strong or wear-resistant like porcelain veneers they can be repaired easily and quickly.
The Procedure for Placing Composite Resin Veneers
- After your teeth are prepared or reshaped, your dentist will carefully bond and sculpt the composite material by using a color chosen by you.
- The dentist will use a special light to harden the composite and cement it to your teeth.
- They will then be smoothed and polished to make them appear like natural teeth.
Things to Follow Before and After You Get Veneers
Your teeth and gums must be healthy before you decide to get veneers. Any decay or disease can be treated by your dentist before placing the veneers. They may not be a good choice for you if you are suffering from bruxism because it can cause the veneers to break. In such cases, your dentist may suggest you wear a plastic night guard when sleeping. Veneers can come loose over time, and therefore you may need new veneers again on such occasions. Even though very little enamel will be removed from your tooth the procedure is irreversible. Therefore it is suggested that you discuss your expectations and treatment options with the dentist in Bonita Springs FL before you go ahead with this treatment. You must also remember it is important for you to keep regular visits to your dentist to maintain the health of your teeth and gums.
You must not continue any habits of biting your fingernails, pencils, hard objects after the veneers are placed on your teeth. You must understand that veneers can break or chip under pressure. Continue your habits of brushing and flossing after every meal to keep your oral hygiene maintained properly. Veneers can still give you cavities, and therefore you need to take proper care of your oral health.